Ford offers up one of the best SUV lineups on the planet — especially if you want a capable off-roader for adventuring around Utah. Two of the very best are the new Bronco Sport and Bronco, which wear similar styles but have unique advantages worth considering. Let’s break down a few of the key differences between the 2022 Ford Bronco and the Bronco Sport.
- More traditional styling. The Bronco looks more like a classic Bronco with its squared-off proportions and boxy silhouette
- Different body styles. Ford offers the Bronco in two- and four-door models
- Removable roof and doors. You can remove the roof and doors with little effort, and you can even swap in different styles including tube doors
- More power. The Bronco is a more traditionally robust SUV with options up to and including a 400-horsepower-plus Bronco Raptor
Ford Bronco Sport
- More modern styling. The Bronco Sport is a bit closer in size and shape to a crossover, offering spacious and family-friendly accommodations, but it still carries the look and feel of a Bronco
- Unique features. With the Bronco Sport, you get a flip-up rear window that means it is easier to load in, a camp table option with the available Cargo Management System, and under-seat storage in the second row
- Safari-style roof. While the roof isn’t removable, the Bronco Sport features a tall safari-style roof that allows for best-in-class second-row headroom and lets you store two bikes standing up in the cargo area
- Balanced performance and efficiency. The two engine options for the Bronco Sport aren’t as powerful as what you get with its larger sibling, but they’re still plenty muscular while providing better fuel economy
And even with these differences between them, the 2022 Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport have a lot in common. Namely, standard 4×4 capabilities, the Terrain Management System™ with G.O.A.T. Modes™, and tons of options for customization. Torn about whether the Bronco or Bronco Sport is right for you? Get in touch with the team at L&L Motor in Roosevelt, Utah, and we’ll make sure you get to try them both on for size.