Road trips with the whole family are often the best part of summer—especially when you take along the capable and spacious Ford Explorer. However, having so many people and their belongings in a confined space lends itself to messes and clutter. Here’s how to stay organized on your road trip.
- Pack smart: To avoid having to dig through all your luggage at a rest stop, pack the things you know you won’t need until you arrive at your destination at the bottom of the luggage heap. Pack each occupant a small bag with the essentials they will need during the car ride.
- Collect garbage efficiently: Place a garbage bag in each row of seating to keep trash contained during the drive. Dispose of trash each time the driver stops to fill up the tank or for meals. Spending a little time each stop on cleaning will prevent messes from growing.
- Bring cleaning materials: Accidents happen, especially when traveling with little ones. Bring cleaning supplies to prevent stains and clean up sticky fingers. Stick to “clean snacks” (those that aren’t sticky and don’t crumble), and pack waters in a cooler up front. Waters are not only refreshing but useful for cleaning up messes in the cabin.
For even more suggestions on how to minimize the mess during a road trip, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll also be glad to schedule a pre-road trip maintenance appointment for your Explorer or other Ford model, to ensure that your trip is a safe and smooth one.
The safest way to take any family road trip is to do it in a Ford. That has never been truer than it will be this summer, when the 2019 Ford Edge arrives at L&L Motor.
The new 2019 Ford Edge safety features include three new technologies standard on some trims but available across the entire Edge lineup. The new technologies include Post-Collision Braking, Evasive Steering Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering. Post-Collision Braking helps reduce the chance of a second collision after an initial accident by applying moderate brake pressure while Evasive Steering Assist helps you to steer around slow or stopped vehicles, even at high speeds. Finally, the updated Adaptive Cruise Control technology now keeps you at a safe distance from surrounding traffic and keeps the Edge in its lane.
Other standard safety features on the 2019 Ford Edge include Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support, the Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Auto High Beams, Hill Start Assist, Lane-Keeping Alert and Lane-Keeping Assist, AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control and Curve Control, and 911 Assist. Available features include Enhanced Active Park Assist, 180-degree front and rear cameras, and front and rear ultrasonic sensors.
Test drive the 2019 Edge at L&L Motor when it materializes on our lot later this year.
The United States has been celebrating Labor Day since the late 1800s. It was started as a way to recognize all the work American workers have done to create the country we know today. While most of us might spend the day relaxing and having one last summer barbecue, here are a few other ways to celebrate Labor Day.
- Shop local. Small, local businesses are the backbone of America. During the month of September (or beyond), try to do as much of your shopping at local business as you can. You might find your new favorite store or restaurant.
- Spread love. While many of us get the day off, some people don’t. Bake some goodies and take them to your local fire or police station to show how much you appreciate their hard work.
- Take a tour. Find a local farm or factory and schedule a tour to see how the products you buy make it to your home.
- Have fun. There are quite a few festivals over Labor Day weekend here in the Utah Valley. Find one you and your family would enjoy and give it a try.
At L&L Motor Co., we hope everyone has a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend.