Utah is an amazing place to live year-round, but the autumn brings us some of the most exciting events statewide. Vernal is uniquely located close to major centers of action, like Salt Lake City and Moab, but also plays host to its own unique events. Here are three can’t miss fall festivals near Vernal this year.
Utah State Fair in September
The Utah State Fair will be held in Salt Lake City from September 8 to 18. There is no shortage of things to do at the fair, including the rodeo, circus, excellent food, music, and more. You can order your tickets to specific concert events online here.
Pumpkin Chunkin’ Festival in October
What better way to get in the Halloween spirit than this classic event down in Moab, Utah? The annual pumpkin chunkin’ event will be held on October 26 at the Old Airport Runway. The event will include pie eating (as well as lots of other eating from a number of food vendors), wiener dog races, costume contests, kids’ activities, game booths, arts and crafts, and more.
Vernal Community Holly Days Festival in November
This annual event is free and family-friendly. This year marks the 15th annual festival. Come for the holiday spirit, including gingerbread house contests, a parade of lights, and more. The event will be held on November 23.
For more ways to celebrate the season, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll be happy to share our favorite pastimes.
We are in the thick of summer heat here in the Beehive State. Cool off by visiting one of these five Utah water parks with family and friends.
- Seven Peaks: Located in Salt Lake City, Seven Peaks is a favorite for visitors of all ages. The amazing water park currently holds 14 slides and also has fun areas like Dinosaur Bay and the Amazon River.
- Cherry Hill: Kaysville’s Cherry Hill includes the Pirate Cove attraction that kids love. Parents can relax in the lazy river while thrill seekers will enjoy the Cardiac Canyon River Run.
- Cowabunga Bay: Head to Cowabunga Bay in Draper for colorful waterslides and fun in the sun. Kids will have a blast in the maze of water attractions while parents can ease into the zero-degree entry pool, take it easy on the lazy river or go crazy on the 11 waterslides.
- Layton Surf-n-Swim: Open year-round, this wave pool in Layton is a top attraction — and it’s incredibly affordable at just $4.50.
- Lagoon-a-Beach: Farmington’s Lagoon-a-Beach water park is the perfect place to chill off after a hot day of rides at the Lagoon amusement park. This water park includes hydro tubes, waterslides, waterfalls and a lazy river.
For more ideas on fun ways to stay cool this summer, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll gladly recommend our favorite sites to explore.
Road trips with the whole family are often the best part of summer—especially when you take along the capable and spacious Ford Explorer. However, having so many people and their belongings in a confined space lends itself to messes and clutter. Here’s how to stay organized on your road trip.
- Pack smart: To avoid having to dig through all your luggage at a rest stop, pack the things you know you won’t need until you arrive at your destination at the bottom of the luggage heap. Pack each occupant a small bag with the essentials they will need during the car ride.
- Collect garbage efficiently: Place a garbage bag in each row of seating to keep trash contained during the drive. Dispose of trash each time the driver stops to fill up the tank or for meals. Spending a little time each stop on cleaning will prevent messes from growing.
- Bring cleaning materials: Accidents happen, especially when traveling with little ones. Bring cleaning supplies to prevent stains and clean up sticky fingers. Stick to “clean snacks” (those that aren’t sticky and don’t crumble), and pack waters in a cooler up front. Waters are not only refreshing but useful for cleaning up messes in the cabin.
For even more suggestions on how to minimize the mess during a road trip, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll also be glad to schedule a pre-road trip maintenance appointment for your Explorer or other Ford model, to ensure that your trip is a safe and smooth one.