Big things are coming from the Blue Oval. In fact, just last month, Ford announced that it will reduce platforms for its vehicles. Instead of the nine platforms that currently underpin its vehicles, Ford will soon have just five. At the same time, Ford will add nine new nameplates to its lineup by 2023. That will bring its total vehicle count to 23, which is three more than it currently offers.
So what are the five platforms that will remain? According to The News Wheel, they are the unibody for FWD and AWD, unibody for RWD and AWD, unibody for battery-electric vehicles, unibody for commercial vans, and body-on-frame for RWD and AWD. This decision will help evolve the One Ford Concept that former CEO Alan Mulally originally developed. More importantly, this will save Ford $7 billion and will get new Ford models into dealerships faster.
Though Ford plans to add nine new vehicles within the next five years, it will also be retiring the Fusion, Taurus, C-MAX, Flex, and Fiesta. In doing so, Ford will drop the average age of vehicles in its lineup from 5.7 years to 3.3 years.
“It’s like selling fish and vegetables,” said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford’s head of product development and purchasing. “The fresher it is, the better they do.”
For more updates from Ford, contact us at L&L Motor. We can also set you up with a test drive of your favorite Ford model.
While we fight for equality for women here in America, we must also remember that women and their male allies throughout the world are also fighting that same battle. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Saudi Arabia where, for the first time, women have earned the right to drive.
Ford hopes to make a difference in this monumental policy change. Thus far, Ford has offered special driving courses to female drivers in Saudi Arabia and even bestowed a brand new Ford Mustang to a women’s rights activist. Ford’s latest move is to fund the driver’s license fees for women in Saudi Arabia via its vehicle distributor, Al Jazirah Vehicles Agency Co.
Though it seems small, this is a huge gift from Ford, as getting licensed in Saudi Arabia costs nearly $700. Any Saudi Arabian women who want to take advantage of this assistance need only to submit a receipt for the fees by September 30.
“Ford is committed to delivering the best products, services, and we are in turn committed to helping out female customers in getting the best overall ownership experience in the Kingdom,” remarked Mohammed Al Kraidees, CEO, Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies Co. “AJVA will pay the cost of obtaining a driver’s license, and we hope that this will further facilitate this process and help more women to get behind the wheel of their dream Ford car as soon as possible.”
We here at L&L Motor would like to congratulate Ford for helping the women of Saudi Arabia gain their driving independence. This time is long overdue.
Utah is an amazing place to live year-round, but the autumn brings us some of the most exciting events statewide. Vernal is uniquely located close to major centers of action, like Salt Lake City and Moab, but also plays host to its own unique events. Here are three can’t miss fall festivals near Vernal this year.
Utah State Fair in September
The Utah State Fair will be held in Salt Lake City from September 8 to 18. There is no shortage of things to do at the fair, including the rodeo, circus, excellent food, music, and more. You can order your tickets to specific concert events online here.
Pumpkin Chunkin’ Festival in October
What better way to get in the Halloween spirit than this classic event down in Moab, Utah? The annual pumpkin chunkin’ event will be held on October 26 at the Old Airport Runway. The event will include pie eating (as well as lots of other eating from a number of food vendors), wiener dog races, costume contests, kids’ activities, game booths, arts and crafts, and more.
Vernal Community Holly Days Festival in November
This annual event is free and family-friendly. This year marks the 15th annual festival. Come for the holiday spirit, including gingerbread house contests, a parade of lights, and more. The event will be held on November 23.
For more ways to celebrate the season, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll be happy to share our favorite pastimes.
There are few things worse than driving along, minding your own business when — BAM! — you hit a giant pothole you somehow didn’t see. With potholes becoming such a consistent part of the driving experience, it can be difficult to avoid them — until now. Ford is introducing a brand-new technology that will help mitigate pothole damage — and hopefully keep you from feeling that unwelcome jarring sensation.
The Ford Focus pothole detection technology senses when your Focus’s wheel falls into a pothole. When this occurs, it automatically adjusts the suspension to help eliminate the pothole’s impact on both your vehicle’s suspension and you — all within a single second.
Ford tested the effectiveness of this technology at its Belgium test facility, putting it through the ringer with plenty of awful potholes and road hazards.
“Our engineers are always searching for the roughest roads to really test our suspension to the limit, but more and more we’re noticing that the rough roads are finding us,” said Guy Mathot, Ford Focus vehicle dynamics supervisor. “Potholes are a problem that isn’t going away anytime soon, but with our advanced suspension technology for the all-new Focus, we’ve been able to reduce their impact.”
This new technology will come as part of the Focus’s Continuously Controlled Damping system, so make sure you add this technology to your list when you purchase a new Focus. Stop by L&L Motor to test-drive a new Focus equipped with this innovative feature.
For many people, finding a vehicle with the best gas mileage is a top priority. If you’re wondering which 2018 Ford model gets the best gas mileage, never fear. We’ve gone ahead and put together a quick list of the most fuel-efficient Ford models in each segment, based on their standard EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating.
Hybrids & EVs
As you might guess from their eco-friendly powertrains, Ford’s Hybrids and EVs happen to have the best fuel economy in the lot. From the all-electric Focus hatchback to the suave-looking Fusion Hybrid, the options are endless. Here’s a look at these models’ fuel-efficiency numbers from highest to lowest:
- 2018 Ford Focus Electric: 118 MPGe city and 96 MPGe highway
- 2018 Ford Fusion Energi: 43 mpg city and 41 mpg highway; 104 MPGe city and 91 MPGe highway
- 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid: 43 mpg city and 41 mpg highway
- 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid: 42 mpg city and 38 mpg highway
Sedans & Hatchbacks
Depending on the size of the sedan and hatchback, you will find that you can still get some great fuel-efficiency ratings. Here’s a look at Ford’s three most fuel-efficient models in this segment.
- 2018 Ford C-Max: 42 mpg city and 38 mpg highway
- 2018 Ford Fiesta: 27 mpg city and 35 mpg highway
- 2018 Ford Focus: 25 mpg city and 34 mpg highway
Crossovers & SUVs
Crossovers and SUVs are great options for family cars. If you’re wondering which of Ford’s models are the most fuel-efficient, though, we’ve found the top three.
- 2018 Ford EcoSport: 27 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
- 2018 Ford Escape: 21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
- 2018 Ford Edge: 21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
Ford’s pickup trucks are legendary. Not only do they offer superior power, but they also have some good fuel-efficiency numbers. Here’s a look at how fuel-efficient the popular F-150 is with its standard engine.
- 2018 Ford F-150: 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway
Test-drive any of these reputable Ford models for yourself when you stop by L&L Motor. We’ll be happy to match you with a vehicle that suits your efficiency preferences.
We are in the thick of summer heat here in the Beehive State. Cool off by visiting one of these five Utah water parks with family and friends.
- Seven Peaks: Located in Salt Lake City, Seven Peaks is a favorite for visitors of all ages. The amazing water park currently holds 14 slides and also has fun areas like Dinosaur Bay and the Amazon River.
- Cherry Hill: Kaysville’s Cherry Hill includes the Pirate Cove attraction that kids love. Parents can relax in the lazy river while thrill seekers will enjoy the Cardiac Canyon River Run.
- Cowabunga Bay: Head to Cowabunga Bay in Draper for colorful waterslides and fun in the sun. Kids will have a blast in the maze of water attractions while parents can ease into the zero-degree entry pool, take it easy on the lazy river or go crazy on the 11 waterslides.
- Layton Surf-n-Swim: Open year-round, this wave pool in Layton is a top attraction — and it’s incredibly affordable at just $4.50.
- Lagoon-a-Beach: Farmington’s Lagoon-a-Beach water park is the perfect place to chill off after a hot day of rides at the Lagoon amusement park. This water park includes hydro tubes, waterslides, waterfalls and a lazy river.
For more ideas on fun ways to stay cool this summer, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll gladly recommend our favorite sites to explore.
Independence Day is a big deal all across the country. If you’ve volunteered to host the party for your friends and family this year and are freaking out about how to make it work, check out some of these strategies for hosting a Fourth of July Party — and good luck!
- Drinks: When planning for drinks, stick with just a few types of beer. Something mainstream and light and perhaps one or two local brews for variety. Rosé is the perfect fruity wine, and margaritas in a big cooler for easy serving are always popular. Plan for one adult beverage per adult per hour and two non-adult beverages per child per hour. Always have plenty of water on hand. Purchase two pounds of ice per guest.
- Grilling: To make the grilling process less stressful, consider grilling 30 minutes before your guests arrive. You can store your burgers, chicken, brats, and ribs in a roasting dish in a warm oven (around 200 degrees) until it’s time to serve food. Be sure to have dessert before the fireworks start because kids will be tired and your guests will likely be ready to leave post-fireworks.
- Music and decorations: No need to go all out with decorations, but tablecloths and balloons can set the scene in your backyard. Put together a fun playlist and play it through Bluetooth speakers throughout the house and/or backyard.
For more suggestions on ways to celebrate this holiday, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll be happy to share our favorite Fourth of July pastimes!
Road trips with the whole family are often the best part of summer—especially when you take along the capable and spacious Ford Explorer. However, having so many people and their belongings in a confined space lends itself to messes and clutter. Here’s how to stay organized on your road trip.
- Pack smart: To avoid having to dig through all your luggage at a rest stop, pack the things you know you won’t need until you arrive at your destination at the bottom of the luggage heap. Pack each occupant a small bag with the essentials they will need during the car ride.
- Collect garbage efficiently: Place a garbage bag in each row of seating to keep trash contained during the drive. Dispose of trash each time the driver stops to fill up the tank or for meals. Spending a little time each stop on cleaning will prevent messes from growing.
- Bring cleaning materials: Accidents happen, especially when traveling with little ones. Bring cleaning supplies to prevent stains and clean up sticky fingers. Stick to “clean snacks” (those that aren’t sticky and don’t crumble), and pack waters in a cooler up front. Waters are not only refreshing but useful for cleaning up messes in the cabin.
For even more suggestions on how to minimize the mess during a road trip, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll also be glad to schedule a pre-road trip maintenance appointment for your Explorer or other Ford model, to ensure that your trip is a safe and smooth one.
Is your old man the world’s biggest car guru? Treat him to a spectacular Sunday of nothing but cars this Father’s Day. Not sure what to do? Here are some unique car-themed ways to celebrate Father’s Day this June:
- Wash Dad’s car…together: If your dad is a true car geek, he probably enjoys the time he spends working on his car. So rather than buying him tokens for the car wash, buy the supplies to wash your car at home with your dad.
- Go to the drive-in: There are plenty of good summer blockbusters this year—Avengers, Deadpool, and more. Support your local drive-in in your father’s favorite set of wheels this Father’s Day weekend.
- Take a short road trip: Here in Vernal, we are just a short road trip away from some beautiful landscapes and amazing outdoor adventures every dad will love. But what he’ll love even more is the time spent bonding with you and his car. Just make sure you pay for the gas
- Buy him something: If your dad hates surprise activities and would rather spend the day at home, treat him to a car-themed gift, like some of these suggestions from Cars.com.
- For even more suggestions on ways to shower your dad with appreciation this holiday, contact us at L&L Motors.
Spring is the perfect time for a family vacation, but let’s face: Traveling isn’t cheap. Never fear—there are plenty of ways that we Clark Griswolds of the world can be frugal and still take our family on great adventures. Here are three ways you can save money on your road trip.
- Don’t speed: Sure, speeding will get you to your destination faster, but half the fun of road trips is the time you spend bonding while driving. Staying closer to the highway speed limit will ensure you optimize your fuel economy and will also make it a lot harder for a cop to justify giving you an expensive speeding ticket.
- Pack snacks and food: Gas stations, diners, and vending machines can add up when it comes time to feed your family. Pack a cooler with sandwiches, fruits, and veggies. Don’t forget protein-packed snacks to keep you from getting hungry. You can even bring bottled water and coffee from home to help you save even more on dining expenses.
- Be smart about lodging: You don’t have to stay in five-star hotels every night. Consider camping with the family or look at an affordable Airbnb as an alternative. If you have friends or family along your route that you haven’t seen in a while, consider staying with them—just be sure to take them out to dinner as a thank you.If you need more suggestions for how to save some cash on your next weekend escape or family vacation, contact us at L&L Motor. We’ll be happy to share our insights.